It is a long way to get the SEO right – if you have seen my previous Blogshot on SEO you have already read the basic articles that I found very helpful on getting me started on the right track. If you haven’t read it here is the link.
Here I am going to design my own SEO strategy as an experiments based on those articles. This is an experiment that I am starting now and as I move forward with each steps I will keep on posting detail on how did I go about it. I am also planing on documenting the results better or worse. That way we will end up building a blog on Do’s and don’ts of SEO.
My starting points are very basic and most of you know it, but I am documenting that here anyway for those who might be benefited from that:
- Even before you get started building your website spend enough time on deciding and getting a very relevant domain name.
- Figure out your audience, and understand the audience. So you can deliver relevant and helpful content.
Title, description and meta tags are very important to get the SEO right, the very basics that should be followed are:
- Title should be very relevant and up to 60 characters.
- Description – is usually the snippet that appears under your website when the search results are returned. Try to keep it relevant and up to 150 characters. Or it will be cut off when the search results are returned.
If you are trying to figure out whether you need to hire SEO or not, here is a link which I found very useful: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35291?hl=en&ref_topic=3309300
Here is my simple strategy going forward to improve SEO on the toysshare:
- Make the website google friendly – here is the reference article and link to a very useful experiment.
- Figure out relevant keywords to reach the right audience. Here is the reference article.
- Optimize the site for the identified keywords. Here is the reference article.
- Submitting the site to different online directory. I am trying this because of this experiment. Here is the reference article.
- Of course view the Google webmaster tools and Google Analytics through out the process so that we know what is working and what is not.
In the next post we will go over step #1- Making the website google friendly.Google+