Registering as an S corp


After opening a bank account and getting everything setup with the company, we decided that we needed to register as an S corp – Small Business Corporation.

Here is how we did it, we filed the IRS form 2553 and mailed it to:

Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Center Ogden, UT 84201

We did a certified mail and kept a copy so we can verify that the form was mailed in accordance with timing restriction.

Here is the reference website,,-Election-by-a-Small-Business-Corporation

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>