If you are searching about SEO you definitely would have come across “Rich Snippets” and probably are wonder “What are those” and “Should we use them” or “How do we get started”. Here I am going to cover a few basic details about “Rich Snippets” and in the future article we can go in more detail. Here are some basic questions answered for you:
What are snippets?
- Snippets—the few lines of text that appear under every search result—are designed to give users a sense for what’s on the page and why it’s relevant to their query.
What are “Rich Snippets”?
- They are type of a page markup.
- Google creates “Rich snippet” based on the understanding of the page. They are sort of detailed information intended to help users with specific queries.
- You can highlight reviews or price or author details or recipe photos or restaurant menu items using the rich snippets.
How does it help?
- Better presentation of your information within the search results may attract more clicks.
- And those more clicks might lead to a better ranking on google search results. Though google does not guarantee a better ranking I have found that on different articles such as: http://dashburst.com/google-search-what-are-rich-snippets/
How Do I get started?
- Google can use 2 different method to understand the data :
- HTML markup
- Data Highlighter
- HTML markup gives you more control, is helpful when your site changes structure frequently and works across all the search engines.
- Data Highlighter does not require a lot of resources, can help when you can’t consistently add HTML markups to your website or when you are trying to highlight an event.
Once you have figured out which method you want to use, you can get started on that.
Follow this link if you want to go with the HTML markup: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/99170?hl=en
Follow this link if you want to go with Data Highlighter: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2692911
In the future articles we will go in more detail on HTML markup and how we are planning on using it for our web portal – www.toysshare.comGoogle+